Sunday, April 6, 2008

How are we doing?

It has been more than 3 weeks since we are in India now.
Kids are doing fine in school. Sunny is learning Hindi really fast. He can read all the alphabets and speak few sentences. Chiku loves to do her homework and is teacher's favorite because she is very well behaved (funny huh!).
Manna also likes work and is busy in meetings with big-wigs. He sometimes does not like the fact that the information is not centralized and computerized so it is harder to access. His uniform (light blue color shirt and dark blue trouser) is all ready and he now wears it to office. In fact the first day he wore the uniform to office, it was a casual day at office and he was the only one to wear his uniform. So everyone knows that he has a uniform now!
For me, I have finished the driving class and I drive our Innova in the neighborhood with our driver sitting next to me. I have also attended a party(a very formal but a classy one) and 'Akhand Path' (very lavish and well decorated). I am also getting dental work done since I had an infection under the crown and the whole crown procedure needs to be redone. Fun Fun!
Our belongings have not arrived yet. They are in Delhi and would be possibly custom cleared on 8th of April. Our house will be also ready to move in couple of days. Today(6th April) we will be doing the 'Gruhapravesh' (formally entering the house with a idol of a god) since it is a new year in Hindu calendar.
We are also going to a Horse Show in the evening (Sponsored by Umesh's company) followed by a meeting Umesh's extended family for dinner.
I also picked up curtains for the whole house this week and they are beautiful but expensive. I am very excited to see them hung in our house.
So things are coming together slowly but surely. We are still enjoying the hospitality of Guest House and have bonded very well with the people working for us. So now they actually go out of their way to make our stay pleasant.
I am going to end this post by making you girls jealous, I found a place that makes best Samosas! They are out of this world. So far I have had Kulfi, Alu tikki and Gogappa.
I miss my friends in US! I hope you enjoyed the easter break and are getting ready for beautiful weather coming ahead. I miss my morning spring runs already!

No comments: