Saturday, April 12, 2008

I don't want to move for a long time!

So our belongings finally reached us on 10th April at 3:00 pm. We shipped the belongings on Feb 15th from our door and reached on 10 th April to the new door. 3 days(8th , 9th and 10 th of April) of waiting at customs office and offering 5,000 Rs. for 'Chai Pani'(for non-indians I am sorry I can't explain this!) is what it took to get our belongings cleared.
The stuff was loaded from the container to the wearhouse on 9th for the inspection and after inspection it was loaded onto two trucks. People who were loading and unloading the trucks were extremely unprofessional. We could not believe that these people do international freights day in day out. They did not even have the ramp on the truck to load or unload the truck. But the truck was unloaded pretty fast because there were so many of them(may be 5 or so).
We did not have any breakage at all. I can pat myself on the back for this one but let's include Manna in getting patted as well.
So we have been trying to unload the boxes from Thursday evening, whole day Friday and Saturday. We are not alone here like US. We have been given carpenter, a sweeper and two people from my brother's(Dada) office.
Things really picked up when Dada came here from Mumbai. So by this evening the progress has been amazing. we have emptied all the boxes and set up the living room. All the other rooms have been semi set up.
Manna conveniently goes on a business trip on Sunday afternoon and does not come back till end of next week. Life is going to suck a little bit but I guess with Dada around it should ease up a bit the burden. Long live big bro!
I will send you pictures of the house once it is set up, until then please check out the empty house pictures on my public album.

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/pritiarwade/EmptyHouse

No comments: