So when we go to pick up kids up the afternoon we go by an intersection in sector 17-18 by Pasco manufacturing facility. There has been sewer leakage at that intersection for almost a week. The nasty water has been flowing on the streets and it is causing major obstruction for traffic. The traffic police are there in that area. I was under the impression that it would be fixed pretty soon. So everyday I would just express my frustration and go my own way. But today that leakage actually flooded the streets. So I decided to take matters in my own hands.
I asked the driver to take me to HUDA office (Haryana Urban Development Administration).
Of course the office was no different than any government office. I was misguided at couple of counters(also called as information window, which would be a very sophisticated word for bunch of people sitting on the chairs doing nothing!). Finally after 15 minutes of going around in the building I met a person who would register a complaint . After giving him the details about the intersection where the problem is occurring he informed me that no one had complaint about this leakage in last 7 days. I find it really annoying that there are at least 50,000 or more people who passed by that intersection yet no one had taken few minutes to complaint about this. I threatened the clerk that I would send those leaky sewer pictures to the newspaper if it is not fixed today. He gave a complaint number and said he would call me back to update with the status.
I just got a call back(12:30 pm) from him that it would be fixed by 2:00 pm.
So I am very happy that once you report the problem the system downwards is working is alright. But I guess I should check that it is really fixed before being to happy!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey mammi,
Nice job that u made a complaint by urself in a new city like gurgoan... I ll let every1 know about this in Maharashtra... :) U ll surely get job well done calls frm here ;)
Sahil
welcome to india!
Post a Comment