So do you remember that I had some domestic help sent by my mom. Well you also might remember that he left right away. It took me lot of efforts to find the right help. But with all the experimentation I knew that I wanted someone above certain age(I mean lot of times maturity comes with age;-)). So I called the Maid Service where they help you find one. They take their finding fee(valid for 12 months) and they renew the contract after that when you pay the fee again. Simple structure. If you are curious, the finding fee is 1 1/2 times their monthly salary.
So my point is I found a Didi(means older sister, I do not like calling her maid) who is in her mid 30s and has two kids of her own. They stay with her parents in Orissa(a state in India). She left town to earn money since she is a single mom. I tell you she is really smart, she learned how to use all my appliances in one day. She cooks for us, washes our clothes, does whatever is needed in the house except sweeping and mopping. She has picked up all the work in our house in just couple of days. She cooks excellent food and she is caring since she is a mom herself. I have liked her a lot. I think she likes us too since we are a no fuss, well behaved family(don't laugh, these are her words translated in English!). She stays in our house where she has a separate accommodation with attached toilet and bathroom. Also the woman who cleans our house is an excellent one. She is very honest and nice to talk to. Again another too good to be true person in our daily life. So once again let's pray that these two women stay with us for a loooooooog time. That does not mean that I do not have any work, I can always clean my house more!
People is U.S. go empty your dishwasher or vaccum your house!
I am too full to move since Didi made us nice Parathas, Rajma and Salad for dinner.
Cheers, Live Life Kingsize!!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I could stay at home and still afford to have help come in!
Glad to hear that things are going well for you!
Miss you!
I can't wait to hear more from you on how things are going.
miss you!
Post a Comment