We had a long weekend beginning Thursday August 14 th till Sunday 17th. We decided to go some nice for a long weekend. Our discussion started right from visiting Dubai to Chandigarh. We finally settled on a place. Hotel room was booked at Holiday Inn. Clothes and Swim suites were packed. For the first time in ages not a whole lot of food was packed since we now reside in a country where food is not fried in a lard!
Manna and I took half day offs on Thursday and we decided to leave right after the Independence day program at Chiku and Sunny's school.
We left after the sumptuous lunch at Nerula's around 3 ish. Cold coffee ice-cream was a mandatory before starting our trip. It was us 4 plus Mummy ma(Manna's mom). The destination was 4 hours away. But with our new driver and heavy rains we reached the destination around 8:00 ish. The hotel was nice, similar to the one in US but more lavish service in terms greeting, saluting you at the entrance, carrying your luggage etc. I am used to all these luxuries in India by now! Here I will skip a day and go on to next one so I can tell you all about THE place we visited.
Next day after the continental breakfast (which also contains idlis, parathas and bhaji !) we set out to start our day. We drove(6-7 kms.) to reach the place. But we could only drive as far as couple of kilometers away from the destination. Kids loved to use horse carriage to reach the destination. They were very excited as well. We hired a guide who would narrate to us in English and Hindi. We got our ticket and went thru security clearance.
The entrance was magnificent. It had a grand structure with farsi carving on it. Now I was dying to get inside. Once I entered the gate, there I could see amazing Taj Mahal in front of my eyes. I could not believe my eyes and I kept quite since I wanted my eyes to make an impression of that picture into my brain so I could never forget it. It took 22 years to build it. It is basically a tomb of Shahajahan and Mumtaj. Inside it is carved beautifully and if that was not enough semiprecious stones are put into those carvings. Those stone actually glow under the beam of light.
Since we could only admire the beauty and take lots of pictures of it, we did the same thing. I was so happy to be back to India to experience such a wonderful monument. The guided tour made the experience more pleasurable. The river Yamuna flows at the back of Taj mahal makes the scene even prettier. To make our trip even more memorable we made Chiku tie Rakhi on her brother's wrist right at Taj Mahal. He gave her a nice bracelet as a gift. There were some other visitors who marveled this idea.
I really felt like wearing a T-shirt that day that would read "I saw Taj today"!
We also saw Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri during this trip.
It is not a fluke that this monument is one of the Seven wonders in the world. It really is magnificent.
Manna and I took half day offs on Thursday and we decided to leave right after the Independence day program at Chiku and Sunny's school.
We left after the sumptuous lunch at Nerula's around 3 ish. Cold coffee ice-cream was a mandatory before starting our trip. It was us 4 plus Mummy ma(Manna's mom). The destination was 4 hours away. But with our new driver and heavy rains we reached the destination around 8:00 ish. The hotel was nice, similar to the one in US but more lavish service in terms greeting, saluting you at the entrance, carrying your luggage etc. I am used to all these luxuries in India by now! Here I will skip a day and go on to next one so I can tell you all about THE place we visited.
Next day after the continental breakfast (which also contains idlis, parathas and bhaji !) we set out to start our day. We drove(6-7 kms.) to reach the place. But we could only drive as far as couple of kilometers away from the destination. Kids loved to use horse carriage to reach the destination. They were very excited as well. We hired a guide who would narrate to us in English and Hindi. We got our ticket and went thru security clearance.
The entrance was magnificent. It had a grand structure with farsi carving on it. Now I was dying to get inside. Once I entered the gate, there I could see amazing Taj Mahal in front of my eyes. I could not believe my eyes and I kept quite since I wanted my eyes to make an impression of that picture into my brain so I could never forget it. It took 22 years to build it. It is basically a tomb of Shahajahan and Mumtaj. Inside it is carved beautifully and if that was not enough semiprecious stones are put into those carvings. Those stone actually glow under the beam of light.
Since we could only admire the beauty and take lots of pictures of it, we did the same thing. I was so happy to be back to India to experience such a wonderful monument. The guided tour made the experience more pleasurable. The river Yamuna flows at the back of Taj mahal makes the scene even prettier. To make our trip even more memorable we made Chiku tie Rakhi on her brother's wrist right at Taj Mahal. He gave her a nice bracelet as a gift. There were some other visitors who marveled this idea.
I really felt like wearing a T-shirt that day that would read "I saw Taj today"!
We also saw Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri during this trip.
It is not a fluke that this monument is one of the Seven wonders in the world. It really is magnificent.
No comments:
Post a Comment