
We did not bring any bedroom furniture from US when we moved to India. We never had great bedroom furniture to begin with. It was all garage sale collectibles. So ever since we moved here I have been thinking about buying furniture. Delhi is well known for good furniture. I went to all the areas famous for furniture making like 'Kirtinagar', 'Ghitorni' . I did not like the concept of ordering the furniture and getting it made. I wanted something off the shelf. Well that was hard since queen beds are not so common (kings are) in India. They did not have ready ones available. There are few stores like LifeStyle who sell readymade furniture but their prices were exorbitant. I was almost getting tired of this endless search when I found the store(chain of stores) Style Spa. They make furniture that is contemporary yet reasonable in price. I liked this bed because it is simple but elegant. I placed an order for bed, side tables, dressing table with a stool. It is compressed wood that is treated for termite or any other kind of natural damage. Basically Ikea kind of stuff.
Furniture would be delivered on Wednesday(25th). I am excited since my search for furniture is over before the school begins.
Check out their web site for more. It would give an idea to some of you who are eager to move back to India for good.
I will send you pictures of my bedroom once it is all set.
Bedroom image taken from Style Spa website
1 comment:
How come my blog is not in your list of blogs you read? NOT FAIR!
Post a Comment